Saturday, March 28, 2009

"When it snows,.....

you have two choices: shovel or make snow angels."

Last Sunday we had temperatures near the 80's. In Confluence Park near Down Town Denver, I saw girls laying out in their bikini's attempting to get a tan on their whiter than snow, Colorado bodies. I went for a walk with Josh and Baxter in shorts and a t-shirt and could almost complain about the heat getting to me. I've come a long way since my Arizona days. Fast Forward to Wednesday evening at work when I get an "emergency inclement weather closure procedures" on my e-mail. The newscasters were predicting a major spring blizzard. We were expected to get 8-14 inches of snow in the Denver Metro area. By that night when I got home, the warning had changed to 10-16 inches. Waking up the next day to no snow on the ground, local schools in the area had already canceled school. This meant a "no work day" for me. It seemed odd to be told not to come in to work due to inclement weather when there was no snow on the ground and no snow falling from the sky. Around 9:00 the flakes started to fall and then it all became clear...
pics of my truck after the snow stopped falling...I'm not sure how many inches we got, but it was deeper than a foot on my truck.
the street in front of my apartment


What do you do when the snow falls in Colorado? Head to the mountains. These are the days we live for here. Having first crack at the powder covered slopes is what makes dealing with the snow all worth it. Saturday was a beautiful sunny day up at Keystone. Blue skies, sunshine, and good company. above - looking from Keystone towards Breckenridge
The snow doesn't keep me from smiling : )

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post, Colorado is so beautiful! Easy Military Travel loves to help military personnel take trips there!

Ranthambore Tour Packages said...

I love snow fall always....

friv 5 said...

What is the fairly sudden and brings little surprise despite earlier predictions.

yogaseven said...

Booking the cheapest hotels in Bali www.balikutaresorts.com
Booking the cheapest hotels in Kuta Bali www.kutaresorts.com
Booking the cheapest hotels in Bandung only at www.bestbandunghotels.com
Booking the cheapest hotels in 5 Star Bali Hotel only at www.5starbalihotels.com